2021 Dakar : Arabia as never seen before
- The 43rd edition of the Dakar will be held in Saudi Arabia from 3 to 15 January. Jeddah will host the start and the finish of the 2021 edition. Every single timed section of the loop course, which will include a rest day in Ha'il, is brand new.
- After a test run in 2020, road books will now be handed out right before each special in every stage. Other measures have been implemented to slow down the competitors.
- The launch of the Dakar Classic puts the spotlight on vehicles from the 1980s and 1990s in a test of consistency that honours the legend of the rally.
- The Dakar teams are pleased to invite the competitors to an e-Dakar Tour on two dates: 16/06 for a French-English-and Arabic-speaking virtual meet-up, and 17/06 for the Spanish-speaking one.
- Registration opens on 15/06.